Friday, April 3, 2015

Public Policy & The Family

It was another great and interesting week reading several essays that address many of the issues that families are facing today. There are also many programs and measures that are formed to strengthen marriage and families, which can provide support and benefits to those different family members.

The discussion this week focused around recent events that have included the involvement and support of people who believe strongly in families. I was able to "share with a friend" who asked why the LDS church, members, and people of other faiths were so actively involved in the campaign for Proposition 8 in California. I didn't really understand this amendment until I was able research and study it for the discussion. I was impressed with one of the responses from a classmate, who shared how and why with love and kindness. She really did a fantastic job! I hope to remember that when faced with conversations and topics that are very emotionally charged, I would do well to take a peaceful approach- speak with love and be clear. Even if the laws of man change, I am still expected to obey God's laws and defend and protect the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment